September 7 – November 22, 2020
Welcome to Bel Canto Boot Camp! We are proud to have developed and refined a course that teaches the elements of bel canto singing, Italian style and period notation practices, ornamentation and variation, and classic Italian poetry and libretto form, all based on Vaccai’s Metodo di canto. For the first time we are offering a separate operatic Italian course, Prima le parole: The Language of Opera.
Vaccai Fall Session Course Fee: $125
For the cost of roughly one hour of live instruction in New York City, where we are based, you will:
- Receive daily lessons posted on the website, private Facebook group, and directly to your email inbox to inspire and guide your practice Monday through Saturday
- Take part in a lecture and community discussion based on the week’s work every Sunday at 3:00pm Eastern Time (NYC) via Zoom
- Submit practice videos for daily feedback from our expert team of mentors in a private Facebook group (encouraged but not obligatory!)
Contact us if the fee prohibits your participation.
The Vaccai Project is conceived as a daily online guided ‘practice diary’ of basic skills for singers, open to singers of all ages and levels of expertise, with weekly Zoom meetings to explore material in more detail and answer questions arising from your practice.
We welcome teachers, coaches, pianists, and conductors to join with singers in our interactive forum and our talented team of mentors provide feedback on practice videos. We all learn from each other!
Refine your technique. Unlock your imagination.
Prima le parole Course Fee: $125
In this course we branch off into a specific study of the Italian found in the operatic libretto. Convoluted and confusing poetic language has led many a singer and opera fan astray! Explore the skills needed to unlock the mystery of archaic verb tenses and to sleuth out those pesky words that seem to have stayed in libretti but vanished from the dictionary.
For around the price of one hour of in-person instruction in New York City, where we are based, you will:
- Receive daily posts containing Italian language lessons, practice worksheets, aria translation guides and more again posted in our private Facebook group, NOW on the website, and directly to your email inbox to inspire and guide your Italian study Monday through Saturday
- Take part in interactive Zoom sessions where we translate and learn together
- Submit finished worksheets for instructor feedback