Do you like the idea of composing your own ornaments? Do you feel like you have good instincts but sometimes don’t hit the nail on the head? Join us for the first Ornamentation Intensive.
Writing good ornaments is a challenging task — singers must put themselves in the sound world of the composer, who expected the singer’s partnership in bringing their musical ideas to life.
No more Youtube ornament pirating! Organize the infinite bounds of your imagination with our accessible approach.
What can Boot Campers who complete the Ornamentation Intensive expect to walk away with?
- Confidence in seeing the framework of the vocal line you are to ornament
- A pragmatic and accessible knowledge of ornamental patterns (units of pitches), how they work, and how you can use them
- Clarity about how to ornament cantabile lines versus how to compose variations for fast music
What are the details?
- 4 weeks (February 22 – March 21, 2021)
- 3 live Zoom classes (dates chosen based on participant availability) Zooms are recorded and posted on the website in case you miss a live session.
- 2 written exercises per week to be submitted in a private Facebook Feedback Group for all Intensive members