Bel Canto Boot Camp’s most in-demand offering! Do you want inspiration to practice your Daily Exercises with other Bel Canto Boot Campers? It’s time to get serious about developing a technical foundation through consistent daily practice of the basics.
No more scattered practice sessions, no more unorganized warm-ups that don’t serve technical foundations. Also — no more working alone. With our open-conservatory style teaching process, our Daily Exercises Intensive is designed to help you build a simple, pragmatic, and committed daily practice routine based on the teachings of the old Italian bel canto masters.
Our community supports you with daily accountability in a private practice group on Facebook, where participants cheer each other along, and our team of mentors provides regular feedback.
How is this different from your Vaccai course?
- It is not based on Vaccai’s ariette at all – nor will it have daily posts. The Intensive is 100% dedicated to the exercise portion of your daily routine.
- In each of our Vaccai sessions, we have started with Daily Exercises before his first lesson. Every time singers tell us they could spend the entire course period working on just those daily skills — the first Intensive is born!
- Each week we will share new exercise sheets and/or compilations of historic exercises.
- During the weekly Zoom we will discuss the new material and practice skills together.
- You will have the opportunity to share videos and receive feedback five days per week in Practice Groups. On the sixth day we rest and on the seventh day we Zoom!
- The Intensives are capped at 20 per session – it is really geared towards personal attention to each participant.
What are the details?
- Submit a daily practice video to your peers and mentors, all via a private Facebook Practice Group.
- Receive feedback from our Mentors on your daily submission throughout the week.
- 1 live Zoom class per week. This class is fully interactive, so don’t be shy! Be prepared to practice with your community and receive feedback from the mentors. Share your progress, your success stories, and of course, bring your questions! Zooms are recorded and posted on the website in case you miss a live session.
- Options for 4-week, 8-week, or 12- week intensives, beginning January 30 and 31, 2021
- Each course covers one-note, two-note, registration, agility
- The longer the course, the more new exercises, and the more opportunity for constant growth and feedback.
Do you like the idea of composing your own ornaments? Do you feel like you have good instincts but sometimes don’t hit the nail on the head? Join us for the first Ornamentation Intensive.
Writing good ornaments is a challenging task — singers must put themselves in the sound world of the composer, who expected the singer’s partnership in bringing their musical ideas to life.
No more Youtube ornament pirating! Organize the infinite bounds of your imagination with our accessible approach.
What can Boot Campers who complete the Ornamentation Intensive expect to walk away with?
- Confidence in seeing the framework of the vocal line you are to ornament
- A pragmatic and accessible knowledge of ornamental patterns (units of pitches), how they work, and how you can use them
- Clarity about how to ornament cantabile lines versus how to compose variations for fast music
What are the details?
- 4 weeks (February 22 – March 21, 2021)
- 3 live Zoom classes (dates chosen based on participant availability) Zooms are recorded and posted on the website in case you miss a live session.
- 2 written exercises per week to be submitted in a private Facebook Feedback Group for all Intensive members